Part II: Realization

Another long, eerie silence. Something that worries me a lot. But I’m so exhausted, I started to don’t care. I still don’t know if I can or will even survive. I am just waiting for this to end, I know it will, soon. I was starting to accept my situation when I heard something again. But unlike before, the sound was soothing, calming. It was so relaxing that my tensed body started to loosen up. I felt like floating from air, cradled by soft clouds providing a cozy and warm feeling. The sound gave me the strength to hang on, to keep on believing. As the sound continue to calm my agitation, I slowly regain the strength that I have exhausted for quite some time. I don’t know what it was nor where it came from but suprisingly, for the very first time, I feel SAFE.

Undoubtedly calming. I never heard such a very soothing sound. There are varying pitch, a peaceful tone arrange in a pattern that seem to be related to one another. I can still hear some garbled but it was soft and seem to follow a certain pattern also. I wonder who are making those sounds and why. “Does the sound mean something? Is it the answer to my frantic scream a while ago? How am I suppose to respond?” A lot of question still linger regarding the source and the purpose of that sound. Yet, I don’t feel scared and not even a hint of anxiety. I may not understand what it meant but the sound seem to keep me secure. Something that I long for quite some time now; to feel safe, secure and finally at PEACE.


-----
Likha Niron © October 8, 2007
Repost and edited. Initially posted on my friendster blog last October 8, 2007 under "At the end of the Tunnel (Part 2)" title.   

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati