Part I: Awakening

Dark, Wet and Eerie. In the midst of unknown, I tremble. I've been screaming for long hours hoping that someone will hear me, but my attempt was futile. I tried to move my limbs, struggling to get out in this mysterious encasement. Again, I failed. "Am I Dead? Am I buried alive?" The thought scares me. "Why me? Why now? How about my dreams, my ambition, my . . . " As tears start touching my cheeks, I suddenly realized that I can’t remember anything. My dreams, my ambition, my past… I can’t even remember how I got where I am now. No matter how hard I tried, I can’t. I just can’t. The last thing I remember was when I was screaming on the top of my lungs. And before that, NOTHING.

A Dream. This is just a dream. That explains everything. Does it? I’ve been in this place for long hours now. "Can I just be dreaming?" But I can feel that my naked body is dampen by an unknown liquid. "If I’m not dreaming, then what? Am I a guinea pig of a neurotic mad scientist? Have I been abducted?" Thoughts came running through my head. Endless possibilities of what might have happened. Raped, Kidnapped by alien, buried alive or a even victim of some sick practical joke. I can’t fathom what is happening nor why it should happen to me. "Have I done something wrong, something despicable to deserve what I’m experiencing now? What have I done . . . WHAT?!?"

My long silence was disturbed by the sudden movements around me. An invisible force making my surroundings to have a ripple-like movement. Something seems to be so familiar yet I can’t remember it. Suddenly, I heard something, like a murmur or a very garbled sound. I can’t understand what it was. That adds to my anxiety which makes me so agitated. With my remaining strength, I gave my strongest kick, hoping it will go away. But I was wrong. It seems that my action encourages more garbled sounds coming from different directions. My agitation turns into phobia, a fear of something I can’t even understand. And that makes it scarier, more traumatic. I was struggling, kicking in all direction, screaming and crying at the same time like there was no tomorrow. I’m already losing hope, FAST.

-----
Likha Niron © October 8, 2007
Repost and edited. Initially posted on my friendster blog last October 8, 2007 under "At the end of the Tunnel (Part 1)" title.   


These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati