Often times, we take things for  granted.
It seems that quantity weighs more than the essence.
I never thought how small things affect our lives,
how simple things are blessing in disguise

From waking in the morning until I rest my eyes
everything becomes a blessing from the sky.
A sweet smile from a stranger, a pat from a friend,
isn't that a reason to be thankful enough?

A sigh of relief from someone I helped
is a reason for me to regain my strength.
In spite how hard and tiring my day was
I'm always be thankful for what i have.

A pair of shoes and a clothing to match
not to forget a place that i can call my home.
A porkchop on my plate and a water on my glass
how can someone be not thankful for that.

And to top it all the things that I have
I received the greatest gift that anyone would like to have.
The book about someone who sacrifice his own life
because of his undying love to all of us.

I'm thankful that I was given a chance
to once again meet him and be forgiven.
It gives me much faith to hope for tomorrow
and ill be thankful because of Him, my God, my Saviour.

------
Likha Niron © July 1, 2000

These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages.
  • Digg
  • Sphinn
  • del.icio.us
  • Facebook
  • Mixx
  • Google
  • Furl
  • Reddit
  • Spurl
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati